Are you a fan of those classic Game Boy games and itching to relive the nostalgia Got an iPhone? Lucky you! There are some pretty nifty Game Boy Advance (GBA) emulators available for iOS devices that let you play your all-time favorite games, all without the need to tinker with jailbreaking.
In this guide, we’ll take you through some of the top options for indulging in those classic GBA games right on your iPhone.
Best GBA Emulators for iOS
Delta Emulator is your trusty companion when it comes to GBA emulation on iOS devices. You can get it on your device using various methods, whether it’s via Windows, Mac, or by directly installing an .ipa file on your iPhone. Here’s how to go about it:
- Upload the .ipa file to a service like Diawi.
- Open the link in Safari on your iPhone.
- In your device settings, go to “Profile and Management” and designate it as trusted.
Delta Emulator comes packed with some fantastic features, including:
- Controller Support: Hook up various controllers like PS4, PS5, Xbox One S, Xbox Series X, and MFi game controllers. You have the option to Customize button settings for actions such as Quick Save, Quick Load, and Fast Forward.
- Multiple Cheat Code Support: Relish cheat codes with five different engines, including Game Genie, Game Shark (GBA and GBC), Action Replay, and Code Breaker.
- Multiple Console Support: Dive into games from Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES), Nintendo 64, and Nintendo DS, all on your trusty iPhone.
- Sync Games Across Devices: Keep your gaming progress synced across all your devices using Google Drive or Dropbox.
GBA4iOS is another gem of a GBA emulator that works seamlessly on iOS devices without the need for jailbreaking. Here’s how to get it up and running:
- Use a third-party app store to install GBA4iOS through the .ipa file sideload method.
GBA4iOS boasts some cool features of its own:
- Backward Compatibility: Extend your gaming library to include Game Boy Color games, giving you access to a treasure trove of GBA, GBC, and original GB games.
- Classic GBA4iOS Save States: Jump right back into your games from where you left off with classic save states.
- Customize Your Experience: Tailor your gaming experience with custom controller skins and themes.
- Dropbox Sync: Keep your game data safe and sound with Dropbox synchronization.
- In-built Cheats: Conquer those challenging levels with built-in cheats. Crank up your nostalgia with the ultimate gaming experience – discover the top-rated free best PS2 emulator for PC!
RetroArch is a well-known emulator loved for its ease of installation and versatility. To get RetroArch on your iOS device, use the IPA file and follow the official guide.
Some standout features of RetroArch include:
- Automatic Controller Configuration: It supports a variety of controllers, and the setup is a breeze on iOS 13 or later.
- Near Zero-Input Lag: Experience responsive gaming with minimal input lag.
- Play Your Music: Groove to your favorite tunes while gaming by muting in-game sounds.
- Use Shortcuts: Map essential shortcuts to keys for a truly classic gaming experience.
Provenance is a multi-console emulator that covers over 2 dozen consoles, including the beloved Game Boy Advance. You can install it on iOS 10.1 or later using the IPA file.
Here are some of its standout features:
- Easy ROM Import: Quickly import ROMs through the built-in server or various other methods.
- ROM Customization: Tweak game information and media if auto-matching doesn’t quite hit the mark.
- Multiple Game Saves: Make use of both Battery Saves and Save States to keep your game progress intact.
- Local Multiplayer: Enjoy some old-school local multiplayer action with friends using external controllers.
Happy Chick is a versatile emulator that covers more than 18 consoles, including the Game Boy Advance. It’s a piece of cake to install, even on non-jailbroken devices. Happy Chick offers:
- Wireless Gamepads: Connect a variety of wireless gamepads for an enhanced gaming experience.
- LAN Multiplayer: Get your friends in on the action on the same local network, no worries about internet connectivity needed.
- Comprehensive Cloud Support: Keep your game data safe and sound with support for Google Drive and Dropbox.
For those who’d rather not deal with installing emulators, Atlantis offers a neat browser-based solution for playing Game Boy Advance games on iOS. Simply visit the website and start playing.
Here’s another browser-based emulator, WebRCade, that works smoothly in Safari and supports various Game Boy Advance games. No installation required – just play right in your browser.
GBA Online (Browser-Based)
GBA Online is a web-based platform that replicates GBA hardware and firmware. You can dive into over 50 pre-loaded games or import your own ROMs. No installation needed; just fire it up in your browser.
So, in a nutshell, if you’re eager to relive those classic Game Boy Advance games on your iPhone, these emulators make it easier than ever. Pick the one that suits your fancy, and happy gaming!